Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Just for Grins :)

Before and after felting :) I couldn't get the slippers to dry after 3 days and I could tell that I hadn't rinsed all the soap out, so I went ahead and ran them through the washer one more time. This time I didn't stop the wash before it went through the whole cycle and now they are a perfect size 8 (down 2 more sizes) so I'll be making a different pair for the mother of my grandson. It's just as well, since blue is her favorite color. Hmmm... I may just have to keep these for myself? Nah, these will go to my mother in law. They're just a hair too small for me. I started another pair in the red and brown and couldn't resist putting up a picture of the difference. I sure hope they stop shrinking though. I think I can keep them out of the dryer but hand wash in cool water? The reality is that they won't and they'll end up going through the laundry. As long as they stay in proportion, that's ok, there's always someone with smaller feet somewhere LOL!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Clarisse . . . just browsing your blog and enjoying the pics! Thanks for sharing at my blogspot links section:
http://wb8.knittingtoday.com/wb/default.asp?BoardID=7&action=0

I saw your comment about not rinsing the clogs enough and wondered if you new about the no-rinse woolwashes (Eucalan is one brand) available . . . we've been using them exclusively to do felting projects and it is so nice not having to worry about getting them rinsed enough. Just wanted to share . . . Lea-Ann