Thursday, November 16, 2006

Toyota KS610 Scarf


I set up the Toyota KS610, a 9mm machine and knit this scarf. I had forgotten how much I love this yarn! It was from Caron, a thick and thin response to LB's Homespun, called Fascination. It's a shame they didn't keep it long. I still have several skeins in several colors. When I got it the only machine I was using was my Bond and I had to EON to use it. I have since used it on 2 different 9mm machines, the LK100 and the Toyota KS610, and it works beautifully on them using every needle and as loose a tension as possible on the carriage. This particular scarf was an experiment with a T9 setting, but I like the T10 much better. The higher setting on the LK100 had a more relaxed fabric and didn't curl near as bad as this one did. Even with 2 rows of crochet, it fights to curl. This yarn is soooo soft and lush! I think I need a new sweater LOL!!!

5 comments:

clemou said...

hello,
I'd like to buy a knitting machine toyota KS 610, and I wonder if you are happy with it ? Is it easy to buy some parts if they are damaged ?

Thanks in advance,

Clémence

Clarisse said...

Clemence, I hope you come back to this post and look for an answer to your question. You didn't leave me an email address so I'll put it here :)

All of the knitting machines that are no longer being produced have difficulty getting parts and the Toyota machines are a bit harder because there were fewer of them sold in the United States. However I have never had anything breakdown that needed to be replaced. The Toyota KS610 is a basic bulky machine with no automatic patterning so there really isn't anything to break down anyway and when cared for correctly should last for just about forever. My solution to this for any of my older machines is to buy 2 when I have the opportunity to do so and keep one around for parts, just in case I should ever need them.

The only machines that I have owned that needed any repair were my Brother machines and I consider my Toyota machines to be superior in manufacturer quality. They are true workhorses :)

Anonymous said...

Clarisse, I have a Toyota KS610 that I want to sell. How much are they worth?

Clarisse said...

Hi,
Because there are so many variables that affect the value of a knitting machine, I like to say that they are worth what ever someone is willing to pay for it. I, personally, wouldn't pay more than $75 for any manual bulky metal bed machine that doesn't have some sort of automatic patterning system, like punchcards, regardless of the maker. But that's just me :)

Clarisse >^..^<

deceptionz said...

I want that scarf!