Thursday, November 16, 2006

End of the Strata Saga

Here's the tassle hat to go with the Red Heart Strata baby blanket I made last month. As I was whining about before, I washed, I fabric softened, I steamed and steamd and the yarn is just too scratchy for an adults skin, let alone a delicate little newborn baby so.....
Flip! Turned it over, crocheted a strap and Viola! A new purse/bag!!! It's nice and tightly knit too, I made it on the LK140 and the steam melted it just enough where it's made a nice sturdy feeling little purse. I think my granddaughter will love it :) Heck, if she doesn't like it, I do. I'll just make a longer strap and it will hold a wallet, checkbook, lipstick and cell phone, what more do ya need when going out? LOL!

2 comments:

diosaperdida said...

It's cute...

what's "steam melting"?

diosaperdida said...

Ah yes..I understand your meaning now.