Sunday, March 19, 2006

Slippers

My cousin, Jan, is in the hospital with Meningitis. It's horrible, she's been there for 3 weeks now, and I've been promising her a pair of these bootie type slippers for awhile. I hope they cheer her up. They are incredibly warm and soft. The yarn I used was from the store I hate to love, it's a chenille feeling kind of eyelash kind of super soft yarn called No Boundaries, a 100% Polyamide. The pattern is one that I memorized from High School when I took home economics. Knitting was one of the courses, along with sewing and cooking. I guess they wanted us young ladies to grow up to be good housewives. ROFLMAO!!!!! I have made about a gazillion pairs of these over the years and they are still requested by all who have had them.

3 comments:

rj said...

I love these= are they very difficult? (am a new knitter)and is there somewhere to find the pattern? I do hope your friend is better soon, rj

Anonymous said...

Love your slippers. Could you tell me where you got the pattern
Marilyn
sideboom@ripnet.com

Anonymous said...

I just love those slippers can I get the pattern?