- I almost always have what I need for a project, even if it takes a while to find it all.
- I don't have to hurt anyones feelings by not keeping a gift that they gave me.
- If it's something that I'm not going to use very often, I can put it in a storage space and then get it when I want it.
- I get to take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself (i.e. a kiln at a garage sale for under a $100!!!) When I want to learn to throw pots, I'll be all set but for the clay (yes, the wheel has been in the back of the garage for years now)
- I can live totally by my whims.
- I don't have to make agonizing "decisions" about what I want to keep and what I don't want to keep. I get to keep it all!!!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
I've come to a kind of odd conclusion. It's better to be a packrat. I am going to stop agonizing over my obsessive compulsive inability to throw anything away and embrace it. I have started a list of some pretty good reasons too.