Thursday, March 26, 2009

Packrat Advantage!

I've come to a kind of odd conclusion. It's better to be a packrat. I am going to stop agonizing over my obsessive compulsive inability to throw anything away and embrace it. I have started a list of some pretty good reasons too.


  1. I almost always have what I need for a project, even if it takes a while to find it all.

  2. I don't have to hurt anyones feelings by not keeping a gift that they gave me.

  3. If it's something that I'm not going to use very often, I can put it in a storage space and then get it when I want it.

  4. I get to take advantage of any opportunity that presents itself (i.e. a kiln at a garage sale for under a $100!!!) When I want to learn to throw pots, I'll be all set but for the clay (yes, the wheel has been in the back of the garage for years now)

  5. I can live totally by my whims.

  6. I don't have to make agonizing "decisions" about what I want to keep and what I don't want to keep. I get to keep it all!!!

No comments: