Monday, April 30, 2007

Lace Curtains


Well, I got them knitted up, blocked and Viola! I'm still not done. This darned acrylic yarn just refuses to cooperate, my choices are either to kill it or add some kind of fancy edges to try and tame the curl. Other than that, I'm really rather pleased with them. I knit them on my Toyota KS858, I just love the way that machine handles the lace knitting and I'll be doing lots more of it.

The yarn is a 2/24 acrylic, low fuzzing which is ok for curtains. It would actually make a nice lacy baby afghan or a lacy shawl.

And here is the final product. I killed them a little bit with a steam iron and some light starch. I am happy with them now and will let them brighten up my little knitting room. Huh Oh! There's an uncovered window on the opposite wall.... here we go again :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Clarisse--They are beautiful. I have 2 windows in my knitting room that are just begging for a pair. Thanks for the inspiration.

Picnicfan said...

I really like your lace curtains, Clarisse. Well done. I also enjoyed visiting your other craft pages too.

Unknown said...

Clarisse - in the 25 plus years I have machine knitted I have often thought about making my own lace curtains and never did. You ought to be proud. These are lovely.