Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Didn't Shrink!


While I was in California this past winter, I knitted up a pair of the Pocketbook Slippers with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I figured I would just hand wash them since this was my felting yarn for clog slippers. The pattern http://www.knitwits-heaven.com/pocket_book_slippers.htm was a super quick knit and there is a machine version out there too, I just can't seem to find it at the moment.

Anyway, I accidently washed them today, warm water cold rinse and guess what? They didn't felt! They didn't shrink either, they came out just fine! Yeah! By the way, these little slippers fold up into each other and take up no space at all so I've been carrying them around in my purse (haha look like a pocketbook, fit in a pocketbook how very clever) because several of my friends and family don't allow shoes on their carpets. These are very cute and comfortable too and I just noticed that the pattern site has a toddler version. I'm thinking if I add a couple of stitches I could make a pair that will fit my granddaughter too, they look so much like little mary janes.

2 comments:

Karen said...

The pocketbook slipper is in the ISM group under Marges stuff

Anonymous said...

Nice! I made some of these slippers on my Bond.