Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Strata Blanket Completed

I finished the blanket, spread it over the chair, stepped into the kitchen to get the camera, and this is what happened. My house dog loves it as much as my house cat I guess. If nothing else this scratchy type yarn would make great pet pads :) Actually I was able to soften it up a bit with fabric softener and steaming it. I do not recommend that garments that touch the skin be created from this yarn, but things like back packs, rugs, placemats, decorator pillows, and throws would be awesome. The patterning yarn in the bulkier weight is great.
I'm usually not a fan of the purl side of knitting, but I have to say that I like the purl side better on this blanket. It almost has a woven look to it.and this is to be a hat and shows the actual stripes as it was intended to be used. With a little more time, I think you could actually figure out the gauge/stitches to get the colors to change on the edges. And they say machine knitting is cheating, bwahahahaa!! but that's for another day, I've got socks to finish! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the blankett and cutie sitting on it!
bw
colin

diosaperdida said...

It really is beautiful...as are your pets.
That cat looks like he's daring you to move him from the blankie!