Friday, October 20, 2006

First Homemade Punchcard!


They aren't little bombs, they are little pumpkins. Well, they're supposed to be anyway, and they looked good on paper. Whew! What a learning day. First of all, the pumpkins are supposed to be orange and the background purple (couldn't get my camera to give up on making the purple blue) so I need to switch what is color one and color two, I didn't look at each row to make sure the needles were selected right, I wore long sleeves and noticed that I was bumping some of the needles so I have some odd stitches every so often, but other than that, I'm actually kind of tickled with it. I just love learning days!!!

Oh, I based the card on a smiling train face from Wendy Phillips Small World pattern book and I only ruined 1 card. I don't think that's too bad for a first go at it :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew they were pumpkins, they are great, I love the contrast between the colours, well done you

Paula
Surrey, UK
Machine knitter for 20 years on and off

dancingbarefoot said...

Fantastic! I can't believe that's your FIRST self-designed punchcard. Wow!

Anonymous said...

Awesome effort! I am impressed. I would love for you to blog more on how you adapted a Wendy Phillips to a homemade card. I have been interested in adapting her stuff for my Bond ISM...