Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Success!

2 x 2 Rib and 2 x 2 Double Sided Fisherman Rib!!!


Thanks to the help of some very talented, generous, giving, wonderful and every other nice thing I could possibly think of to say about someone, I have 2x2 ribs and 2x2 double sided fisherman ribs from my White double bed knitting machine! Happy Happy Happy!!! I could kiss everyone of you! Remember that song from To Sir With Love? " How do you thank someone who has taken you from crayons to perfume?" That is just a little of how I feel right now. This is wonderful and I would never have figured it out. So much for manuals! Alan, Alison, Patrick... you are the best! I hope you're ready because now I want to try the fancy stitches in the back of the book :) Thank you so very much.


Here's a picture of the 1st pass for the cast on. I sure hope it looks right because it worked :)

Here is after hanging the comb and the 2 circular passes and before re-racking to opposite normal knitting position. This is just sooo great. I can't wait to share pictures of the fancy stitches I'm about to embark on. Then after all this swatching and experimenting, maybe I'll actually make something :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done Clarisse! And thank you for sharing your wonderful feeling of discovery with us "old uns" who forget sometimes the joy of learning something new! I am sure you will go from strength to strength, and meantime we are there right behind you should you need us.

Kind egards,
Alison, UK