Thursday, July 13, 2006

The USA Afghan is going to Canada!

Here it is. All done. I ended up knotting the fringe after all. It kind of looked like it was just coming unravelled without the knots. Now it has a more finished look, like it's supposed to be that way. I think next time I will make the knitted on band wider with a doubled up stitch pattern so it will show off the edge more. I did a pie crust edge on the sides. Alex thinks I should make some stars and add them to the blue sections. A budding designer?
He loves the blanket so much that he has begged me to let him have it when he goes home at the end of summer. He sleeps with it every night, even before I had the fringe done and just goes on and on about how it's "so warm and snuggly Grandma". What a kid! Guess my air conditioning is a tad bit cold for him. It's only Red Heart Super Saver and we all know that even though it is a very durable yarn, snuggly isn't one of it's attributes :) Oh, I used Soft Navy, White and Cherry Red. Maybe I can get some Red Heart Soft in the same colors. Now that would be snuggly!

Due to popular demand, I've put the instructions for what I did to create this afghan on my free pattern page. The link is at the right :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clarisse,
Beautiful! Thanks for the baby blanket pattern - I have two to do by Oct, so I'll give yours a try. Do you have a specific pattern for your patriotic afghan (stitch #s, etc) that you could share? I was thinking of deep violet, moss green, and medium blue for a boy baby blanket ... sounds handsome!
Thanks again for sharing!
Macy aka macyknits@yahoo.com