Thursday, July 13, 2006

DPN Rolled Holder

I finally had enough of having to size my dpn's and dig dig dig through my drawer to find a full set of the same size needles that I got busy the other night and made myself a roll up pocketed holder. I've numbered the slots by size, the front pockets hold the shorter (5"-6") sets and the back pockets hold up to 14" sets. As soon as I dig up some of my fabric paint, I'm going to permanently number them so I will always be organized. Well... as long as I put them away where they belong :) I used a safety pin to hold a few stitch holders and the last pocket holds a few crochet hooks.
Fold the top down, roll it up, wrap an elastic band around it ( I used a hair band) and Viola! Organized! No more digging through bags and drawers. I wish I would have made a pocket to hold my small sizer. Hmmm.... I saw a ring type needle sizer that I may have to buy and then I could just put it on the safety pin inside with the stitch holders. OH! I think I'll add another safety pin and use it to hold some stitch markers too! Perfect!

No comments: