Tuesday, November 04, 2008

First Birthday Gift?

Well, I thought I'd convert the All In One Cardigan pattern that I am so fond of for use with the Bernat Softee Baby Jacquards yarn on my mid-gauge LK140. This doll wears about a size 3 months to 6 months size and as you can see, this sweater will fit a 12month old quite well. Major calculation failure, but at least it's proportionate and came out too big all over instead of just too wide or just too long!! I had a heck of a time deciding what kind of trim I wanted to put around it, nothing I did looked right until I tried these garter stitch bands. Perfect for the sweater and the sleeve cuffs are long enough to roll up too.

So, it won't be a new baby present, but I'll knit up a pair of matching lavender pants and a pair of socks out of the jacquard and maybe a little beanie hat with the jacquard and lavender together for a cute little suit for Selene's first birthday next October. Since I have a real reputation for giving gifts belatedly, at least I can honestly say I knit this one up with oodles of time to spare. Ok, 11 months in advance LOL!! Keep your fingers crossed that I don't forget I knit it and pack it away someplace never to be found again :)

No comments: