Saturday, January 05, 2008

First Finished UFO for 2008

These socks have been OTN's for over a year now. I think this Regia sock yarn was among the first skeins of sock yarn I ever bought! Anyway, the pattern was an experiment, E.J. commented that he can feel the bumps from the purl side of the fabric on the soles of his feet, I think he just has over sensitive feet. But anyway, I decided to try switching my stitches so the knit side was "under foot" and guess what? He's right, there really is a difference. My feet aren't so sensitive so the purl bumps are fine for me, but I guess this will be the new method to use for his socks. Too bad I really dislike purl knitting. Maybe I'll just make his socks inside out next time and see how that works :) Anyway, one UnFinished Object down, a gazillion more to go.

Oh, and aren't these clear clogs a kick? Just right for showing off crazy knit socks :)

1 comment:

TracyKM said...

Hey Clarisse!
I haven't seen you much on the yahoo groups and I lost your blog address when we got a new computer!
My husband also complained about the purl bumps! I read in a sock book that those are actually called "Princess Socks" for those with delicate feet :)
Where did you get the clog? I have the rainboots, but they didn't fit right/weren't comfortable and it would have cost too much to return them :(